Saturday, February 7, 2009

Stressful Saturday

Caleb got his contact lenses today. He was so excited when he got up this morning. He has terrible vision and he hates wearing glasses especially when he plays sports. His opthamologist told him he could get them when he turned nine. It did not go smoothly. It took him a very long time to get them in and he got very frustrated. I excused myself and went into the bathroom and prayed for him. I knew it would embarrass him if I did it in front of everyone. When he finally did get them in he was so happy. Then we got home and he rubbed his eye and one of them came out. It took another 45 minutes to get it back in and I ended up putting it in for him. We fought and I yelled at him. I felt terrible about that because I hardly ever yell at him. I apologized but the damage was done. He was so upset. He didn't speak to me for almost an hour. Please pray for Caleb. I don't want him to be discouraged. I hate to see him so frustrated and there isn't much I can do about it except pray for him and continue to encourage him. I know it will get easier in time and with practice. I have never worn contacts so I have no clue how to make it easier for him. Jay offered to come over and show him. I hope it helps.

2 comments:

Kasey said...

Aww, I will be praying for him. :(

Tam said...

Poor Caleb. It will get easier in time. Steve wears contacts and the very first time he tried to put them in, he had the same issues. He was a grown man but he had to wake me up from sleeping to help him. He got so frustrated too.

it will get better!