Sunday, March 22, 2009

Y'all Will Never Guess What Happened...

Ok, so I wasn't going to blog while I am on vacation, but my first day was so bizaare that I just had to tell you about it.

Caleb and I arrived at the Nashville airport at 6:30am for our 8am flight to Jacksonville (personal note to Karen: when I typed flight, I accidentally typed fright. I thought of you.). Calebs half-sister, Emma, and step-sibs Jordan and David were on the same flight. Caleb's and Emma's dad is training in Jax for a new job, so they came to visit for spring break, too. We board the plane. As we take off, the cabin fills with a terrible burning smell. No smoke, just the burning smell. We, the passengers, started to look around at each other, puzzled by the odor. I then turned to the lady across the aisle and said, "do you smell that?" She said that she did. About two minutes later the captain says, "Attention passengers, this is the captain. I'm sure you have noticed the burning smell in the cabin. We aren't sure what that is, so we are going back to Nashville to investigate." Great. David starts to freak out, so I tried to calm him down. Now, I have already prayed a fiery hedge of protection around the plane, so I'm not really worried, in fact I kinda hoped that's what the smell was (ha!), but the human in me is wondering if maybe it's my time. We land safely. The captain says that the ground crew is telling him that our plane had a "bird strike" yesterday and that the burning smell is probably leftover bird carcass in the engine and the safety crew is going to check it out. We sit and wait for about 10 minutes and the captain tells us we have to deplane so they can back the plane out of the gate and rev the engines to see if they removed all of the remaining bird parts. Goody. So we get out and wait at the gait for about 30 minutes. During this time, I am entertained by Emma, who is eating hash browns dipped in cinnamon bun icing singing "Baby Got Back." She's five! Hilarious!! We get back on the plane and take off sans burning smell and safely made it to Jacksonville. Thank you, Lord.

I will now commence with the restful portion of my trip.

Love y'all!!

7 comments:

Sara said...

that is RIDAKALUS!!! and hilarious!! oh my word. oh my word. i am sincerely happy that everything turned out okay. i really hate funerals. haha. love you!

Amanda Bull said...

Thanks, Say.

Erika J. said...

ahh, i'm so glad you guys are safe! i don't like funerals either. in case you're wondering, i would totally come to your funeral... :)

Amanda Bull said...

Aw, thanks, Erika!

Sara said...

veggie chicken nuggets and the veggie chicken patties like caleb likes are both really good and taste just like normal chicken, no joke. cuz trust me, i've tried lots of other meat substitutes and the chicken nuggets/patties are the only thing i like...except i will eat a boca burger.

Karen said...

Sara, that is the most random thing I think I have ever heard come out of your mouth.

Amanda, On that side note. I will make sure to call you on Friday to tell you to have a nice fright. I would love to say that I am glad that you are having fun, but I'm not. I was kinda glad to hear that it was raining on you yesterday and then you sent me a picture with your toes in the sand. Ms. Jean was here earlier and she told me to tell you that she hates you. You should have invited her. She would have been alot of fun in Florida.

Sara said...

@ KB...my last comment was in response to something Amanda left on my blog...LOL. otherwise, yes, very ridiculous. AND...mrs. hateful, you should be happy for your sister getting a week off!! ok, so i am being totally hypocritical bc im totaLlY jealous she's at the beach and i am not, even if it is raining. but i still love her...and YOU. and little baby say blackwood. :D