Monday, July 13, 2009

Back From Vacation

Mom and I had fun in Winston-Salem. Caleb went to the National Young Scholars Program at Wake Forest. He had fun, but says that he won't go back. He had never been away from home with people he doesn't know and he got a little homesick on the second night. Thanks for all the prayers - he did much better the last few nights.

While Caleb was at WFU, Mom and I went to Biltmore House in Asheville. If you have never been there, it's worth the drive to go. The house and gardens are beautiful. I had been there years ago and I could go again and again. I love how the people who work there call it "the house" like it's no big deal. It's actually the largest private residence in the US. It's huge. The tour of the house itself takes more than an hour and you don't even tour half of it. The other half is either on the "rooftop tour," which costs extra, or it's part of the house that has not yet been restored. It's unreal. Then you walk through the gardens and conservatory and that can take more than an hour to do as well. We spent most of the day there. We also went to Old Salem adn toured the old buildings and looked at antiques.

We picked Caleb up on Friday evening and drove back to the Boro. He told us all about the CSI stuff he learned. He knows more about fingerprint and handwriting analysis than I ever will. He also did a presentation on chromatography. Seriously. He said that he had fun, but the kids there were "nerds" and they didn't want to play ball with him at recreation time, they just wanted to read. Ha!!

I am back at work today and exhausted. I should know better than to go back to work on a Monday. I am not back in the swing of things just yet, but it will get better.

Have a great day!

No comments: