Thursday, April 24, 2008

Life is Hard...

... But God is good!

I found out today that I have to re-apply for my job. Not just me, all the nurses in my clinic have to do this. I have had the same job for more than 5 years. I'm told it's because they are reorganizing and my job description is changing so I have to decide if I want to keep my old job with new responsibilities. Sounds like a lot of paperwork and expense for nothing. In then end, it is creating new jobs in our building which means more help for me. We will have a clerical person to do all of the paperwork, a phone nurse who handles nothing but phone calls, then me - the clinic nurse. It sounds good, in theory, but I am not sure if it is practical. Also, they want to put an additional nurse to float in between me and Rebekah (another clinical nurse). To tell the truth, I am so used to doing everything myself that I think I might get bored. AND - here's the best part - anyone can apply for any position in the clinic. So anyone can apply for my job. Silver lining - Matt has sole discretion on who his clinical nurse is, so I don't think I have anything to worry about. Unless he is tired of me. Nah.

My legs are much less swollen today, but still very red and slightly painful. I tried to wear my New Balance to work today, but I had to take them off because they are rubbing the tops of my feet. Luckily, I don't have patients or a provider today, so I can sit in my office shoeless and nobody knows or cares.

Today was "crazy hair day" at Caleb's school. We bought that spray-on hair color last night. He wanted half his hair blue and half green, so we painted it before school this morning. He looked funny. We picked up Daniel and he had a bright blue mohawk. I saw lots of crazy hair when I dropped them off. Yesterday was crazy sock day and tomorrow is sports day, so Caleb is wearing his football stuff. I used to love going to school dressed crazy. Pajama day was my favorite.

Let's see - baseball tonight, then to the grocery for a couple of things, then home to bed. Sounds like a full day!

Blessing - My sweet Caleb who makes me laugh every day. I love you, babe.

Love ya'll, too!

1 comment:

Artalexis said...

hello I have blog of art... publishes cartoons of players of Racing.. I leave my direction you in case to see them...
Greetings...
http://artalexis.blogspot.com/