Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Stormy Weather...

I am exhausted today. We (Amy, Sara, and I) were up most of the night because of the storms. We spent some time in the bathroom. Well, Caleb did. He slept for about 45 min in the bathroom floor, bless his heart. The rest of us watched TV in Amy's room and kept each other laughing so we didn't think so much about the storm. The funny thing was that during the tornado warning, it really didn't do much outside, but after the tornado warning expired it stormed really bad for an hour or so. Thank the Lord, we didn't have any damage.

Say a prayer for Matt's wife, Kami. She was admitted to the hospital last night with severe vomiting. For those who don't know, Matt is the doctor I work for and Kami is very pregnant. Hopefully she will get to go home today but she is feeling pretty miserable right now.

Thanks, Sara for showing me how to do the links and stuff. I feel better about my blog now.

7 comments:

Sara said...

I love your new background!!! Now go out and lie flat in a ditch.

Tam said...

Cool background...glad you guys survived the storms. I slept right through except for one time they woke me up about 2:30 but I went right back to sleep.

Kasey said...

Glad you all are okay too!! It was pretty wild for awhile!

Vic said...

Mom just got home from the hospital on Monday and was supposed to have her first follow up today...She was too exhausted to go, since we must live next door to the siren tower...Yhat is all she heard all night...I could hear it above my loud fan...I would get up, go look outside to make sure I wasn't being foolish by not going into the bathroom, nothing, then I would just go back to bed...Neither one of us got any sleep last night...I took her to Cracker Barrel to get something to eat and it's back in the bed she goes...This has really knocked the wind out of her sails...She ain't a young woman anymore and I am sure it takes longer to recover...Her tummy isn't feeling back to normal either...At least her headache has subsided some...They gave 2 meds to take together and it seems to be easing up some...She is taking OTC Prilosec till we get the insurance to approve Nexium...Ok that is enough rambling about Mom and not enough about the weather...I am glad everyone stayed safe...When I did go look outside I was sizing up the tree that leans across my bedroom, just in case I was going to be awakened with a tree in my bed...lol...

Vanderbilt was really an awesome experience for our family...

Karen said...

Could you start calling me at 2:15 in the morning and telling me to lie flat in a ditch. Jay loves it when you do that!

Erika J. said...

glad you guys stayed safe. i was a little nervous the next day cause we were supposed to be the next in line for bad weather. needless to say, it did nothing. :0s

Sara said...

time for a new post, please! =)