Saturday, February 2, 2008

Good Day

I have not been feeling well this week. Today I felt much better and I was able to get a lot of housework done. Laundry was reaching critical mass here - I did eight loads!

Melinda Doolittle sang at church tonight. She brought the house down! God has blessed her with such talent. She just blessed me to pieces. She was in the lobby after church and she seemed just as sweet and humble in person as she was on television.

Allen's sermon was great, too. He made one statement that really stuck with me. "Just because you fail does not mean that you are a failure." So simple, yet it really hit home for me. So many times I feel like when I fail I have to give up and start all over. God loves me, faults and all. He knows that I will stumble, fall, and fail. I shouldn't feel like a failure. I am not a failure. I am an overcoming child of God.

I love you all.

6 comments:

Tam said...

Thank you so much for the encouragement that you commented on my blog. It really meant alot to me!!

No! Your are not a failure...you are MORE than a conqueror through Jesus!!

Karen said...

You inspire me! I said a prayer tonight, I know thats not much, but I know you understand. I love you.

Kasey said...

Good blog :) It was an encouragement. Though I don't know you, I love you as my sister in the Lord. :) Keep the blogs coming!!

Sara said...

Aw I hate I missed church. I don't know what I was thinking when I thought you went on Sunday mornings. Ah I'm goofy. Anyhoo...yes let's totally not do what we talked about. PS: I love your sister.

Kasey said...

aww...just saw your pic. you are so purty!!

Sara said...

1) I love how I am the only friend listed on your friends list (yes I know that will change soon now that you know how to do that)

B) "I don't know much, but I know I love you. That may be all I need to know."

3) Do work.