Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Good Times...

First, a quick weekend update: Caleb's football team won 6-0 against the Franklin Cowboys. We have beaten them 2 weeks straight! Caleb had a couple of great tackles and a fumble recovery. It was dreadfully hot! Then we went to the Titans' game Saturday night. It was also dreadfully hot. We had to wait for the sun to go down behind the stadium so we could go to our seats. We hung out in the Pro Shop for a while because a.) Caleb's dad was in there, b.) it was right outside our section, and c.) it was air conditioned. The air really didn't matter because there were about 500 people in there. Church on Sunday was awesome! We had a surprise guest speaker, Ben Kinchlow, former co-host of the 700 Club. His message was great!

Monday was uneventful, except that I thought Caleb had really hurt his knee at practice. Praise the Lord, he just twisted it and he is fine.

Today has turned out to be a pretty good day. We only have clinic in the morning on Tuesdays, so I have the afternoon to catch up on paperwork. And Blog. I got an email and a phone call from Dr. Pinson and Debbie Kemp from the band "Soul Incision." It is made up of staff from Vanderbilt. They are awesome and they heard me sing at Matt's reception and approached me about doing some gigs with them. We have been in contact a few times since then, but now I actually have dates for gigs! Yay! I am so excited! I will get to show off in front of LOTS of people. Fun stuff, good times.

1 comment:

Sara said...

What the eff how did you forget to tell me about Dr. Pinson and Debbie being in contact recently?!?!?! I am hurt. Please tell me there is a good reason you didn't tell me. Dang it, it's because I talk too much isn't it? I always interrupt you. I'm sorry. I will keep my talking to a minimum from here on out.

Ps. I love you.