Saturday, August 23, 2008

Long Day

I woke up this morning at 5:30. It's Saturday for goodness sake! I could not go back to sleep. So I watched TV until it was time to get Caleb up for ball practice. I had to meet his coach at Hastings at 8:30 so he could ride with him. I got a little housework done while he was at practice. They practiced for more than 2 hours! Then we came home and got ready for Drew's 1st birthday party. There was a balloon animal maker there. He was amazing! I have never seen someone who could make so many things out of balloons. He made a car. It was big enough for Drew to sit in. He also made Ariel from The Little Mermaid, complete with purple shell bra. It was unreal. He made a palm tree with a monkey in it. That was my favorite.

I went to buy shoes for Caleb today. He is in adult sized shoes now, which means more $$. Shoes are expensive! When it comes to sneakers, I don't buy cheap. Sorry, I'm a sneaker snob. I save everywhere else, so I splurge on our kicks. He has had the same pair of Under Armour shoes for about 6 months, and they finally gave out. Under Armour is his current obsession. He has shoes, socks, underwear, hats, and shirts (long, short, and no-sleeves - perfect for every season). He wanted another pair of UAs, so I went to 2 different stores to find them and neither of them had them to fit him. I finally ended up special ordering them and having them shipped to the house. He has another pair he can wear until they arrive. So far, shoes are the only thing he doesn't let me pick out for him. He has, thus far, been pleased with my clothing choices. We'll see how long that lasts.

Gotta run - Caleb wants to play on the computer. Love y'all!

4 comments:

Sara said...

um i recall a pair of khaki or brown or blue shorts that he didn't like...and also that one pair of plaid shorts he didn't like until he heard Richie had a pair. i'm just saying. (yes i can hear it now: "shut up sara, nobody asked you!")

ps: i am so tired and won't be home again until probably next saturday night. i might be home tuesday night after babysitting, but i'm not sure yet. AHH!

Kasey said...

I remember the most expensive pair of tennis shoes (sneakers..whatever) I ever bought, I paid so much for them. But ya know...I wore those things for FIVE years. I think it was around that long. I wish I could find another pair like that...I guess I could if I wanted to pay the money again....lol

Tam said...

Chandler, my son, loves Under Armour too. His favorite choice of socks...Under Armour. He got a hat while we were on vacation this summer....Under Armour...it's one of his favorites. Steve really likes Under Armour as well. Come to think of it, I have a couple of running shirts that are Under Armour.

5:30am on a Saturday....GIRL!!!

Amanda Bull said...

Why does everything have to be about Richie? :P