Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tuesday Blues

So, it's Tuesday and I am, once again, bored at work. I hate when we don't have patients scheduled because I have nothing to do but stare at my computer. Matt came back just a few minutes ago so he will probably give me some stuff to get me through the rest of the day. Mostly we just goof off when it's just us here. Tomorrow is nursing home day. That means that the first half of the day Matt makes rounds at the nursing home, then we see patients in the office from 2-6.

I encountered a gentleman today who smelled just awful. Matt says he smells like penicillin mold. He said the hippie-chicks in college smelled like that. Must be a med school thing - I don't have a clue what penicillin mold smells like. I do know that this was the worst smell ever, but a familiar bad smell. My friend Kathy and I sat in front of this guy at a Preds game one time and he smelled equally terrible and Kathy says that he smells like patchouli. I looked it up on the internet and it's an herb used in many perfumes. I don't know any reasonable person who would intentionally go about smelling that way. It's just so bad. Moral of the story - stay away from patchouli. Trust me on this one.

I registered Caleb for school today. I can't believe he is going into the third grade! He is growing up right before my eyes. He is such a good kid. He is so funny and smart and he has such a big heart. I am so blessed.

Caleb has baseball tonight. Hopefully it will cool down some by 7 pm. He has been pitching really well and he seems to like it.

Thanks for all the prayers for LaNada's little girl. I haven't heard anything new, but I promise to keep you posted. Keep praying.

Love Y'all!

1 comment:

Kasey said...

i worked with a guy who were patchoulli. Its an accquired sent I guess. Very earthy, not my favorite.